Hargun is an Indian singer, lyricist, and composer. The only child of her parents, Hargun was born and brought up in Amritsar, Punjab, and is now putting up in Mumbai to pursue her musical career.
She is an amalgamation of classical and contemporary styles of music, a combine of ethnicity and modernity. She has her own unique texture of voice suited for sufi, folk, western and contemporary styles. She sings devotional music and ghazals very fondly. Her command over harmonium makes her singing more impressive. She has been gifted a mellifluous voice which she has laudably polished with her hard work and endurance.
- Finalist of India’s Got Talent -5 on Colors Channel.
- Finalist of The Voice 2019 on Star Plus.
- Declared Jai Ho performer by Mr. AR Rahman.
- Finalist of Voice of Punjab 4 on PTC PUNJABI.
- Asha Bhonsle Ji gave her standing ovation in the grand finale and gave her Rs.101 as her blessings for a brilliant career ahead.
- Besides being a singer, she is also a lyricist and a composer. Recently Shekhar Ravjiani (from the Vishal Shekhar duo ) has sung a song written by her for MTV Hustle.
- Bagged Best Harmonium Player Award ( national level ) at the age of 9 years.
- She is All India Radio approved Western Vocalist.
- Her debut track as a Marathi playback singer got released recently. It is for the movie “Triple Seat” and the song is called Naate He Konte for which she has been nominated in the Best Female Playback Singer Category by Radio City (City Cine Awards Marathi)
- First runner up of Sangeet Samrat on Zee Yuva
- Finalist of Sangeet Samrat Mahasangram on Zee Yuva
- Winner of 138th Shree Baba Harivallabh Sangeet Sammellan in the Thumri category for which she got a chance to perform in the benign presence of Ustad Amjad Ali Khan Sahib.
- Recently completed her M.phil in music from the University of Mumbai and cleared Grade 6 of Western Vocals with merit form Trinity College London.
- She has sung in various languages like Hindi, Punjabi , English , Marathi , Gujarati and Telugu. And performed in more than 700 shows across the country.
- All India Radio approved Western Vocalist.
- Recently awarded the prestigious SurJyotsana award at Shanmukanand Auditorium, Mumbai.
- She was selected as a winner by the prestigious jury which included stalwarts of the Indian Music Industry like Anandji Bhai (of the Kalyanji Anandji duo), Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan, Roop Kumar Rathod, Hariharan Ji, Anuradha Paudwal amongst the others.
Education & Career
Always been a meritorious student and has a splendid record in academics. Her passion for music and singing could not dampen her spirit to excel in academics too.
- Got double promotion twice in her school that’s why she is graduating at the age of 17 i.e. two years ahead of her age.
- 9.8 C.GP.A. in 10th
- 96.25% marks in 12th comm. (C.B.S.E.)
- All India first in Music (vocal) with 100 out of 100 (C.B.S.E.)
- Along with regular schooling, she has completed her Visharad from Pracheen Kala Kendra.
- Gold medalist in graduation from G.N.D.U.
- Completed her Masters and M.Phil in Music from the University of Mumbai.
- Currently perusing her PhD as a research scholar from the University of Mumbai.