Hargun is an Indian singer, lyricist, and composer. The only child of her parents, Hargun was born and brought up in Amritsar, Punjab, and is now putting up in Mumbai to pursue her musical carrier.
She is an amalgamation of classical and contemporary styles of music, a combine of ethnicity and modernity.She has her own unique texture of voice suited for sufi, folk, western and contemporary styles. She sings devotional music and ghazals very fondly. Her command over harmonium makes her singing more impressive.
A good command over Hindi,English and Punjabi languages gives her an added advantage to interact with all segments of audience and give a captivating stage presence.
A good knowledge of musical instruments and electronic gadgets, singing abilities and command over languages has helped her to write, compose and sing jingles for commercial ads too.
A brew of classical and contemporary, Hargun was one of the most talented contestants in India’s Got Talent and received loads of appreciation from all the judges. Her latest song, ‘Mera Dil’ is among the most successful Punjabi songs of 2018 and has been buffered millions of times on YouTube and Saavn.
She has been gifted a mellifluous voice which she has laudably polished with her hard work and endurance.
Reality Shows & Competitions
- Finalist of India’s got talent-5 and got a lot of appreciation and best comments any singer could have dreamt of from Karan Johar, Malaika Arora Khan and Kirron Kher.
- First in 138th Shree Baba Hariwallabh Sangeet Sammelan in Semi Classical Category (Senior Age Group).
- Finalist in VOICE OF PUNJAB on PTC Punjabi (with 3 performer of the day titles unmatched in the whole show).
- First runner up of Sangeet Samrat on Zee Yuva channel.
- First in 136th Shree Baba Hariwallabh Sangeet Sammelan (Junior Category).
- Among the front runners in 24 episodes of CHAK DE BACHCHE on 9X channel and AMUL CHHOTE USTAAD on Star Plus Channel.
- Twice second in All India Finals of SURTARANG , a singing talent hunt held at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- All India Radio approved Western Vocalist.
Playbacks & Recordings
- Playback singing for theater acts like Wahan Paye Dariya, Agad Akhara, Mando(Shiv Kumar Batalwi) under the aegis of N.S.D.
- Sang for another 2 theater acts: Aarzoo & I.C.U.-Main tumhen dekhti hun.
- Recorded two songs for a social film on female foeticide -Punya Ek Pari Hai.
- Recorded two shabads for ZEE ETC PUNJABI.
- A devotional album HAR KI WADIYAI.
- Released her debut single track Mera Dil.
Education & Career
Always been a meritorious student and has a splendid record in academics. Her passion for music and singing could not dampen her spirit to excel in academics too.
- Got double promotion twice in her school that’s why she is graduating at the age of 17 i.e. two years ahead of her age.
- 9.8 C.GP.A. in 10th
- 96.25% marks in 12th comm. (C.B.S.E.)
- All India first in Music (vocal) with 100 out of 100 (C.B.S.E.)
- Along with regular schooling, she has completed her Visharad from Pracheen Kala Kendra.
- Gold medalist in graduation from G.N.D.U.Pursuing research in music from the University of Mumbai.